Statement of the Rector’s Council of the Indonesian State Universities on the Importance of Protecting and Maintaining Indonesian National Unity
Statement of the Rector’s Council of the Indonesian State Universities on the Importance of Protecting and
Maintaining Indonesian National Unity
In accordance with the mandate of the Opening of the 1945 Constitution concerning Indonesia’s aim to form a government of the state of Indonesia which shall protect all the people of Indonesia and all the independence and the land that has been struggled for, and to improve public welfare, to educate the life of the people and to participate toward the establishment of a world order based on freedom, perpetual peace and social justice, therefore with this, we as the Rector’s Council of the Indonesian State Universities states that:
- Indonesian noble goals can only be realized by the strong framework of the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia;
- The rise of the Indonesian nation to create a prosperous, progressive, equitable, sovereign and dignified future can only be achieved through
the maintenance of national unity based on the spirit of brotherhood among all elements of the Nation;
- All forms of dissent and differences in political attitudes remain in the corridors of the State of Law based on the Pancasila and The State Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia of 1945;
- We must show the world that Indonesia is a great nation. A great nation is a nation that upholds unity;
- The future of a more prosperous, progressive, equitable, sovereign and dignified Indonesian nation can only be realized through the mastery and development of science, technology, art, and culture;
- Acceleration in science, technology, art, and culture as a prerequisite in realizing a better future for Indonesia can only happen in a national atmosphere full of harmony and peace;
- Therefore, we the Rector’s Council of the Indonesian State Universities called on all elements of the Indonesian Nation to always prioritize the spirit of national unity, to respect the struggle and sacrifice of the nation’s heroes who have realized the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia and uphold their mandate.
May God Almighty protect and bless the Indonesian Nation with the spirit of harmony and brotherhood as the basic capital to achieve an equitable, prosperous, peaceful, and prosperous future for the Nation. Amen.
The following is an attachment to the Statement of the Rector’s Council of the Indonesian State Universities: download here
Translated by OJ.